Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pre-departure Post, Joseph J. Kimmel IV

Hi there everyone! My name is Joseph J. Kimmel (everyone calls me J.J.) and I am a junior  in the Environmental Science and Policy program at USF St.Petersburg in Florida. When Dr. Iuri Herzfeld told me about his idea for this trip a few semesters ago, I knew that it would be an adventure of a lifetime that I could not pass up. I have been to Costa Rica several different times for surfing trips with my friends and was absolutely intrigued by the stunning geology and the immense biological diversity. I am extremely excited and very grateful that I have this awesome opportunity to travel to this special part of the world with a geologist (Dr. Herzfeld) and a biologist (Dr. Judkins) to help me understand this beautifully complex place. We will be blogging along the way, so check back to see what we have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment