Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Final Thoughts by Kelly O'Connell


Growth



This trip was been a once in a lifetime experience for me. Its difficult to understand the world in all of its entity without traveling it. There is so much that the world has to offer and I do not feel like I would be getting a complete education without the opportunity to travel.  It does not matter where I am in my life right now as long as I have an idea of where I can go. I feel as if I have that direction that I was searching for. The reason that I wanted to go on this trip is so I would be able to completely understand myself and where I want to go next with my education and knowledge of the world. I think this course confirmed my desire to travel, explore, learn, and share. We are all capable of making a significant impact of the world whether it be in the scientific field or even just by self-promotion. I am happy to have been part of a group that could share interests and successfully grow in knowledge together. I have learned so much throughout college but this experience really helped me realize why it all is so important. I have been learning the scientific method my entire life. However, these past few weeks was the first time I feel as if I really understood it. Taking an idea about a project and applying it to "real-life" research and problems is inspiring. The entire process has been enlightening. I am now learning how math and statistics actually apply to science. I also opened my eyes to a world of different cultures. Meeting people and striving to understand life as they know it is one of the greatest learning experiences in itself. I know that there is a place for me in the scientific world and have grown to never limit myself getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment