Monday, June 18, 2012

Final Post- Erin Walters

It is crazy to think that we are back already from our 3 week journey! It is something when I can say that those three weeks were probably the most challenging and rewarding moments of my young 21 years of life. The experience and opportunity that I was immersed in was incredible, and everything that I have learned and am still taking away is what feeds my fire for more experiences like this one. This trip has done nothing but inspire me more to be a biologist and travel the world and study its immense bounty.

I cannot be more thankful for being chosen to attend this extraordinary experience, so Dr. Judkins and Dr. Herzfeld thank you so much!! And I must say you guys did a fine job of picking out individuals to get along for 3 weeks together in tight quarters! We had some pretty awesome times together and I think we grew into this little happy family J Not only have I taken away an experience and tons of knowledge, but I’ve also gained some close friends, ones who will most certainly never be forgotten! I can’t imagine our trip with anyone else! And by the end of this, I will have a research paper out, with my name on it!! I haven’t even graduated yet; clearly this trip has allowed opportunity that most students don’t receive until after graduation if ever. BGPG 2012- it’s been REAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment