Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lena Wray: Final post

Pose of success after the 11 mile, 10 hour hike to the summit of the Turrialba Volcano
This trip has been nothing short of extraordinary. Beginning our journey as scientists, we faced the feat of the Turrialba volcano, which at times required a 45 degree angle hike up hill. We sat in an empty room for hours on end with nothing but field guides in hand. Each group put together a hypothesis from scratch, and obtained remarkable data. I am glad I went on this trip so I could fully immerse myself in being a scientist. I now not only have a general idea of what a biodiversity study is, but I have also helped to complete one which could possibly get published. From hiking to volcano summits in the clouds to being eye-to-eye with a sloth and her baby, this trip will forever stay with me throughout all the places science takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment