Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thoughts from Dr. J

Turrialba Volcano Park Entrance

Who knew that when this picture was taken, we would accomplish so much in our six week adventure?

As I read through the blog, I am in tears- of joy because I am so ultimately proud of the entire group.  I know I sound like a mom (again) but I am truly impressed with every student in this group of first-timers for the course.  You have far exceeded my expectations in so many areas:  handling group dynamics with grace, willing to try the unknown, conquering some rigorous portions of the trip, being patient with Dr. H and myself all the way through, being mature, respectful, and insightful in all situations that were presented along the way.  You have truly done USFSP proud and I hope you'll take your memories and lessons learned from this course into your world after college.

As for me, I have learned the following:  that I still don't enjoy some tropical fruits and treats (imagine my face with those boiled peanut tasting things), that geology really isn't all that bad (thanks, Dr. H!), that I desperately need to learn Spanish and more about plants, that I couldn't have led this crew without Dr. H, and that I absolutely love waking up to the call of the Howlers.

Thanks to everyone at USFSP that has made this course a reality for us!  Truly amazing experience for me that I will cherish always.

Pura Vida BGPG 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment